"People across the UK tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence"
We have a proven track record of giving expert debt advice for over 25 years. We promise:
- to provide expert debt advisers who are supportive and trained to a high standard;
- to stay committed to providing free, impartial and confidential debt advice;
- to talk you through the debt advice options that are right for you;
- to keep all of your personal information confidential; and
- not to pass your details on to any other organisation without your permission.
Our debt advisers
All National Debtline advisers receive intensive training when they first join the service.
We continue to develop and support our advisers by providing on-going training. National Debtline has a proven track record and has been awarded the Advice Services Alliance 'Advice Quality Standard'.
Our debt advisers are the heart and soul of our service. Their expert knowledge of debt advice has helped millions of people since 1987. Many of them have been with us for over 20 years.
All our debt advisers are dedicated to giving high quality free debt advice to people across the UK.
Read more about our debt advisers
Last year we helped over 395,000 people tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence. Read our impact report for more details.
Our clients say...
'The service was above excellent. The advisers I spoke to were both friendly and understanding. I felt genuinely looked after without feeling ashamed talking about my debt.'
Find out more
Our latest news
Our research has revealed that councils in England and Wales referred 2.1 million debts to bailiffs in 2014/15 - up 16% in two years.
Our #StopTheKnock campaign aims to encourage councils to work with us to reduce their use of bailiffs by making sure residents get free early debt advice.