• You can be ordered to pay maintenance either by the court, as part of the separation or divorce process, by the Child Support Agency or the Child Maintenance Service. 
  • If you are behind with maintenance payments, it is very important to make an arrangement to pay back what you owe.
  • Maintenance arrears are a priority debt

You can find out how to deal with maintenance arrears at Step 3 of our Four simple steps to dealing with your debt.

Dealing with your priority debts and Child maintenance for advice and information about dealing with maintenance arrears.