Water-rates arrears

You may owe money to your water supplier if you have not paid a previous bill or if you have fallen behind with payments you are supposed to make towards your current bill.

Your water supply cannot be cut off for owing money to your supplier. However, it is still important to make an arrangement to pay what you owe so the debt doesn't get any bigger.

You may be able to get help with your arrears from a water trust fund.  

 Help with gas, electricity and water costs and Help with water bills.  

Water-rates arrears and water trust funds

Our fact sheet has useful information about the rules that apply to water-rates debt and how to deal with it. It also explains how to get help to pay your water bill from a trust fund.

Use this fact sheet to:

  • help you to deal with a water-rates debt;
  • find out if you can reduce the amount you pay for water;
  • find out how to complain about a water company; and
  • find out if a trust fund can support you.

This fact sheet also includes some useful contacts and links for you to get further help.